VCDs (was Newbie Functioning In Debian)

On 27 Feb 2003 11:05:05 -0500
"Mark L. Kahnt" <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> wrote:

> with my options to ./configure, I can sit back and watch my business and
> news channels over the Internet 24/7, and check the vcds I'm burning of
> my parents' home movies (they converted 8 mm film that had broken
> numerous times to VHS, which the vcr then proceeded to eat. Since there
> is no audio, each two hour vhs tape is comfortably fitting on a single
> vcd.)

Greetings Mark. You piqued my interest when you mentioned "burning VCDs." Under Linux, I have not been able to either copy or roll-my-own VCDs. Xcdroast, for example, seems to copy VCDs fine - but the copies won't play. Most any Windows burner program I've used can at least copy a VCD without a hiccup. What software are you using? Is there a FAQ you can point me to that gives some info on how to convert VHS tapes to VCDs?

TIA,
Robert