Re: VCDs (was Newbie Functioning In Debian)

Paul Johnson said:

> Can you use one of those tools that convert bin/cue to get a disk
> image and expect it to work right?

if you mean convert from an ISO to a bin/cue I don't think so, though
never tried it. If you mean convert from bin/cue to raw mpeg that
should work(for playback using a mpeg player like xine).

> I'm also having difficulty finding some decent VCD documentation.  I see
> plenty for Red Hat.  I'll admit I'm way too lazy to go alien in some of
> the tools it mentions, though...there's gotta be a Debian
> solution...

I haven't seen much in the way of tools, vcdtools seems to be
the dominant package to use.

there used to be a program called binchunker which I used to
use to burn bin/cue looks like that's replaced with bchunk,
though never used it, and don't know if it's a write-only program
or if it can read/create bin/cue too.

nate