Re: Popular email clients (was [OT] what are you running? (was Complaint))

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 21:40, Cam Ellison wrote:

> > > what are people on the debian-user list using for there primary machine(s)?
> > >
> > > the last few messages i see are from users of (going by User-Agent or
> > > X-Mailer header)
> > > kmail
> > > mozilla on windows
> > > mozilla on debian
> > > xemacs
> > > mutt
> > mutt gets my vote :-)
> >
> Mine, too.

I like mutt and it used to be my main client, these days since 99.9% of
the time I work in X I prefer to run kmail.  At home right now I'm
running evolution due to my overzealous upgrading (removed kmail).

Anyway rather than everyone voting why don't we just get it over with,
from the 2,246 emails currently in my debian-user folder here are the
email clients that people are using (100 weren't immediately obvious):

    901 Mutt
    202 Ximian Evolution
    186 Mozilla
    122 Gnus
    138 KMail
    102 Sylpheed version
     69 SquirrelMail (version
     37 Microsoft Outlook
     33 Microsoft Outlook Express
     23 Microsoft Outlook IMO
     16 QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version
     16 Internet Mail Service
     15 Opera
     11 mPOP Web-Mail
     11 Mozilla
      9 slrn
      8 MIME::Lite
      8 Pegasus Mail for Windows
      7 Wanderlust
      7 Balsa
      6 VM
      6 Lotus Notes Release
      6 Forte Agent
      5 trn
      5 QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version
      4 The Bat!
      4 NSX-MAILER
      3 NetMail ModWeb Module
      3 Microsoft Outlook CWS, Build
      3 Internet Messaging Program (IMP)
      3 CTM PowerMail
      2 exmh version
      2 Pan
      2 PMMail
      2 NIMS ModWeb Module
      2 Liberate TVMail
      2 AOL
      1 tin
      1 PCElm
      1 Open WebMail
      1 MIME-tools
      1 IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program
      1 IMAIL
      1 CommuniGate Pro Web Mailer
      1 Apple Mail
      1 AngleMail for phpGroupWare
      1 AeroMail

I'm surpised a bit, a lot of people still like mutt I guess ;-)  At my
current place of employment we use gnus because it integrates through
some lisp macros with our support system (very nice).

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                http://wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                   Linux 2.4.20 AuthenticAMD