Re: [OT] Complaint

Hubert Chan wrote:
"Joseph" == Joseph A Nagy <joseph_a_nagy_jr@charter.net> writes:

Joseph> Over the past few weeks, I've been recieving several pieces of
Joseph> mail directly to my inbox because users are Bcc'ing (for what
Joseph> ever reason) the debian-user list. I would like to ask those
Joseph> people to please NOT bcc the list. If you must include the list,
Joseph> please place it in your CC or TO field when sending the
Joseph> email. Because the Debian-User list doesn't have a subject-line
Joseph> additive I can filter on, I rely soley on the to and cc fields
Joseph> for my filtering.

There are several other headers that you can filter on.  Most of them
are hidden by mail readers, but there should be...

(Or something like that.  I read d-user through the gmane.org mail-news
gateway, which may munge some headers, or add or remove headers.)

While I appreciate everyone's suggestions I filter on other headers, I'm using Mozilla 1.3b as my MUA. It filters on the following:

Subject
Sender
Body
Date
Priority
Status
CC
To or CC (combined into one)
Attachment Size
Junk Status
Label

Okay. I take that back. It appears that I can customize my filters. Just noticed that.

Still, there is no reason to BCC the list. Not everyone has the ability to customize what their filters filter on (I'm sure there are more then a few Evolution and OE users on the list).

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.