Re: Certification

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:49:14 -0800
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Yeah, but why would I want to work for a company that doesn't care who
> I am or what I know as long as I've been suckered into spending about
> what I think is a reasonable price for a car for a "magic" piece of
> paper?  Isn't there a fairy tale about this?  Didn't the hero get
> crushed by a giant?

    Dude, if you think $139 is reasonable for a car I'd rather /walk/.  Also
there's the flip side.  Third party verification that you know your stuff
isn't bad.  I mean I could claim to be the end-all god of C++, doesn't make me
so.  And while the cert doesn't prove that I am the end-all god of C++ it does
show I know /something/ and that something was enough to get the cert.