Re: Certification

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:18:21PM -0800, Barry deFreese wrote:
> We're not talking about reality here, we're talking about corporate
> America! :-)  I agree that certification doesn't necessarily keep you up
> to date in reality, but it looks that way on paper, which unfortunately
> too many people rely on.  As with most things, it's all about perception...

Yeah, but why would I want to work for a company that doesn't care who
I am or what I know as long as I've been suckered into spending about
what I think is a reasonable price for a car for a "magic" piece of
paper?  Isn't there a fairy tale about this?  Didn't the hero get
crushed by a giant?

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user