Re: Sound missing - help needed II

Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka wrote:

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 11:00, Rob Weir wrote:
[Please don't top quote!  It makes your message harder to read, especially in
long threads.]

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:23:13PM +0100, Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka wrote:
Thanks Rob and Kent for their advices. I tried them all, results:
- mpg321 can play files on the from the command line (KDE is shut down
and no sound daemon is running), from fwm, and from KDE
- xmms can play files from KDE, but in fvwm is screwed.
My guess: when in KDE, the artsd sound daemon is running, and xmms is configured to use the artsd output plugin. When running from fvwm, artsd is not running, but xmms is still configured to use the artsd output plugin. I suspect you'll need to reconfigure the output plugin in xmms whenever you change wms (or write a script to do it).