Re: Sound missing - help needed II

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 11:00, Rob Weir wrote:
> [Please don't top quote!  It makes your message harder to read, especially in
> long threads.]
>
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:23:13PM +0100, Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka wrote:
> > Thanks Rob and Kent for their advices. I tried them all, results:
> > - mpg321 can play files on the from the command line (KDE is shut down
> > and no sound daemon is running), from fwm, and from KDE
> > - xmms can play files from KDE, but in fvwm is screwed.
>
> That's quite odd.  Have you figured out why it can't play under fvwm
> yet?
Not yet - I am not very experienced user, so I cannot imagine how to find it

> > Beside it I set messages in Sound and multimedia - Control Center on and
> > there were these messages by the start of KDE:
> > - unix_connect: can't connect to server
> > (unix:/tmp/mcop-kerka/dunadan_dinmont_cz-19bd-3e480613
>
> Does this file exist?
Yes, it did

> > - Sound server warning message:
> > Can't set real-time scheduling priority.
> > You need to run artswrapper as root or
> > setuid root. This means that you will
> > likely not be able to produce acceptable
> > sound (i.e. without clicks and breaks).
>
> Huh?
>
> > - MCOP ObjectManager: Could not load extension libaudiofilearts.la.
> > - MCOP ObjectManager: can't find implementation for
> > Arts::audiofilePlayObject.
> > /usr/lib/libaudiofilearts.so: undefined symbol:
> > __tiQ24Arts14StdSynthModule.
>
> Where did you get KDE from?  Your install seems really broken.  It's
> missing files, and something forgot to +s artsd.
I was using Ralf's deb for a while, and sound was correct. Short after
KDE came to sid I downloaded sid's deb and upgraded - and sound was
gone. As far as I can say, there was nothing unexpectable during
Ralf->sid upgrade, especially connecting arts.
Vlada

--
Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka <kerka@dinmont.cz>