Re: shuttle disaster

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 02:17:40PM -0500, David P James wrote:
> The Americans liberated Continental Europe. But they did not save
> Britain. Arguably Canada did, but not the United States.

And at that, Canadian Forces are basically the British Forces but
flying the Red Ensign instead.  I took history from a US perspective,
and I still see that the British more than held thier own.  America
didn't save thier ass, America saved France's.  Considering the
centuries-old animosity between England and France, and France's
initial help in stabilizing a young America, I'm surprised the Cold
War found Americans, French and British on the same side (as opposed
to .fr and .us versus .su and .uk) 8:o)

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user