Re: shuttle disaster

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 02:37, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:40:27AM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > I love the liberals who have no qualms about sending the military to
> > important, strategic places like Somalia and Bosnia, cut the funding
> > for the military at the same time, and then raise holy hell when
> > something goes wrong.  Why, it almost seems hypocritical.
>
> I'm more for the pre-World-War-II stance of "you leave us alone, we
> leave you alone; you attack us, we blast your ass back to the stone
> age and go home."  Waiting until attacked first means we don't have to
> do any of that nation building bullshit afterwards.  It's also cheaper
> and puts fewer people, soldiers or otherwise, on both sides in harms
> way.

Ya know, I've always wondered why Hitler declared war on us.  We never
did anything to him.  He was fighting the Godless Communists, and a
significant minority of Americans were anti-Semitic...  The usual reason
is that we declared war on Japan.  Well, heck.  He ignored treaties
before.  Why not ignore the Axis Treaty?  It would have kept us out of
the war long enough to starve England.  Then he could have easily
conquored it.

But, of course, he was insane.  Otherwise, why invade Russia?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ ron.l.johnson |
| "For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start    |
|  with, and becoming increasingly difficult to be produc-   |
|  tive as time went on, and if something went wrong very    |
|  difficult to fix, compared to linux's large over head     |
|  setting up and learning the system with ease of use and   |
|  the increase in productivity becoming larger the longer I |
|  use the system."                                          |
|   Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands                         |