Re: Cdrecord and audio cd [solved]

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. There is something funny going on in
my system which I am not able to identify.

Sometime since yesterday morning I could not get any sound out of my
speakers. Changing volume levels, etc did not help. Suspecting some
screwup, I just deleted the asound.state file, restared alsa. I got back
the sound.

As a consequence (or so I think), I am able to play the audio cd with
both cdplay and gcd, but not xmms.  Even cdparanoia rips the tracks.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

God created a few perfect heads.  The rest he covered with hair.