Re: Oh no, what a really heavy bummer

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 02:11:26PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Note this bit from the "apt-get --compile source ${pnam}${pver}"
> command:
>    Need to get 647kB of source archives.
>    Get:1 http://mirrors.kernel.org sarge/main gqview 1.0.2-1 (dsc)
>                                                           [630B]
>    Get:2 http://mirrors.kernel.org sarge/main gqview 1.0.2-1 (tar)
>                                                           [643kB]
>    Get:3 http://mirrors.kernel.org sarge/main gqview 1.0.2-1 (diff)
>                                                           [3679B]
>    Fetched 3B in 0s (13B/s)
>   Skipping unpack of already unpacked source in gqview-1.0.2
>
> So, apt-get goes out to get the source, but sees that the source
> already exists in the current directory, and then skips the source
> download.

Ah... I get it now. This didn't work for me because I went offline
immediately after the download, and not realising that it wouldn't
actually do anything, refused to go online again. So the file: line in
sources.list to give the local copy higher priority seems to be not a
bad setup for me.

Thanks,
Pigeon