Re: Migrate from RedHat to Debian

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 00:44, Jimbo De La Fuente wrote:
> I've been using RedHat for a couple of years. Now, as a result of their
> change in EOL (only untill the end of year for the latest release RedHat
> 8.0) I want to switch to another distro. My preference goes to Debian. I do
> have some doubts before really switching.

The little I heard about this last week, it seemed Red Hat was
supporting the final stable version of each major release, meaning 6.2,
7.3, 8.?, and so on will continue to be supported for a long while.
This seemed like a good idea to me, as it encourages users and
administrators to upgrade to the final stable release (usually .2 or .3)
, as Red Hat's .0 releases can be somewhat buggy (7.0 was notoriously
bad, but 8.0 seems quite usable, if a little incomplete).  It also
reduces their support costs.

Don't let me stop you switching, but I'd suggest rereading the support
details before you make the decision.

--
Michael Wardle <michael.wardle@adacel.com>
Adacel Technologies