Re: compiling with large file support

This one time, at band camp, Pigeon said:

> > > Yes. export CFLAGS="-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE"
> >
> > I tried that already. Unfortunately it's not working for me.
> >
> > Only when I to it the following way, it's working:
> >
> > gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o my_split split.c
> >
> > Any comments on that?
> >
> > Florian.
>
> As to why it's not working, I've no idea. As I understand things, it
> should do!

I would think you could either set up an alias like:
alias gcc="gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE"
or you could do it as you are now, but call compile with the command
line:
gcc $CFLAGS . . .

Should work, but not tested.
|  Stephen Gran                  |   I disagree with unanimity.            |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |