Re: hesiod

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> How about you simply don't link against the zephyr libraries at all?

Won't be done.  It's just a small number of libs that will not bother the
system much if you don't need them.

> I'm sure Zephyr sites wouldn't appreciate that, but I wonder how many of
> them there are?  I'm not convinced that it's enough to make it worth it

Well, I could say the same about all the crap the links to useless libx11,
couldn't I?  Or all those pesky SASL modules that made the backport to woody
such a pain (mysql, kerberos)...

Zephyr is staying in the official builds.  If someone that is bothered by
the dependencies does the homework needed to tell me I can downgrade them to
recommends, I will do so.  Otherwise, it's clearly not important enough to
waste my time in it.

  Henrique Holschuh