Re: hesiod

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:01:14PM -0500, David Z Maze wrote:
> 'apt-cache show zephyr-server'; I assumed since your original question
> was about zephyr you were trying to set it up...  *prods*  Oh, I see
> now: the Cyrus IMAP server added support for sending notification via
> zephyr a long long time ago, so if your site uses zephyr, you can
> request to get a little window pop up on your screen every time you
> get mail.  /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/notifyd appears to do this task, so
> Cyrus depends on Zephyr depends on Hesiod.

Does Cyrus really have to *depend* on Zephyr, though?  It's certainly an
optional dependency upstream; I use Cyrus on FreeBSD at work and don't
have Zephyr or Hesiod installed.  Perhaps a softer dependency like
Suggests or Recommends would be more appropriate.  I'm sure a large
percentage of Cyrus using sites don't run Zephyr and would prefer not to
install it.

noah