Re: hesiod

Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:
> Where would you require zephry over DNS?

I suspect there was antecedent confusion.  *Hesiod* is built on top of
DNS.  (I think historically Hesiod might predate DNS and it's used for
things besides getting server names corresponding to services.)

> What's a zephyr server anyways?

'apt-cache show zephyr-server'; I assumed since your original question
was about zephyr you were trying to set it up...  *prods*  Oh, I see
now: the Cyrus IMAP server added support for sending notification via
zephyr a long long time ago, so if your site uses zephyr, you can
request to get a little window pop up on your screen every time you
get mail.  /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/notifyd appears to do this task, so
Cyrus depends on Zephyr depends on Hesiod.

So, getting back to the original question: you can probably accept
whatever the default values are for libhesiod0's debconf questions,
and not run a zhm on your machine, and ignore zephyr altogether.

	-- Abra Mitchell