Re: acroread and anti-aliased text

>>> Gary Turner writes:

> Alan Shutko wrote:
>> Gary Turner <kk5st@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>>
>> (This shouldn't be a problem nowadays, since Type 1
>> versions of the Computer Modern fonts have been included with TeX
>> distributions for a while.)

> How do I get these fonts and/or how do I get TeX to use them instead of
> type 3/bitmap?

Plan A is to use pdflatex (or pdftex) instead of "normal" latex.
This will not work with all types of document.

Plan B is more robust, but has more steps.
(la)tex your document as normal, then use
  dvips -Ppdf
to produce postscript (the pdf "printer" config sets it up to produce
the right sort of fonts, and more besides), and finally
  ps2pdf
to convert it to pdf. If you are using "normal" ps fonts (times,
helvetica etc) in your tex, then you might find that
  dvips -Ppdf -G0
(order of arguments is significant) deals with ligatures better.

--

  Gilbert Laycock                 email:          gtl1@mcs.le.ac.uk
  Maths and Computer Science,     http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~glaycock