Re: Why make-kpkg? What and Where is apt-src?

At 2002-12-06T07:39:36Z, Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> writes:

> make-kpkg is kin of idiot proof. I make sure you don't forget to do
> stuff. Also having a .deb of your kernel and using dpkg to install it also
> makes sure you don't forget to do things like run lilo.

Beyond that, it also provides the package management system with proof that
you actually have a kernel installed so that said management system doesn't
say, "Oh, he needs a kernel!" and install one of its choosing for you.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.