Re: vi as a text editor

on Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:15:20PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson insinuated:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 03:05:38AM -0600,  Rob VanFleet wrote:
> | since Solaris never seems to understand my remote terminal well
> | enough to allow syntax highlighting.  Does anyone know how to fix
> | that? :)
>
> export TERM=dtterm
>
> The termcap on Solaris is a bit braindead since xterm and friends
> entries lack color support.  I did manage to discover, at one point,
> that the dtterm (their CDE terminal emulator) entry has color
> support and is compatible with xterm.

really?  i've been beating my head against this for a while now, and
have to date only managed to get dark-blue-and-pink syntax
highlighting on the Suns i work on ... exporting TERM=dtterm doesn't
seem to do much, either.  do i need to rewrite my syntax highlighting
configuration files, or something?  any tips on this would be greatly
appreciated!

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu