Re: Which ICQ Client is better?

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 12:34:40PM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> what i'm most interested in is a text-only aim clone though.  gaim is
> nice and all, but on my desktop it's aesthetically horrible with all
> those big fonts and buttons (which can be reduced somewhat, but not
> completely).  also, because i'm a freak and like to keep all my im's
> logged, i always run it from one machine, and xforwarding gaim can
> be hog-slow over a 56k...

As suggested earlier in this thread, use centericq with screen.
Then you can ssh into your machine, and reattach to centericq.  It's
what I use normally, and I've never had a problem with it.  Oh, and it
does keep history if you turn it on in the settings.

Edward Guldemond

GPG Key: 0x4E505B0F
Key fingerprint:  4CAC 6740 C1CD 3CE4 6CA0
                  34E9 B3B7 18EC 4E50 5B0F