Re: (semi-OT) JPG files -> Movie file

heya,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:14:12AM -0800, nate wrote:
> thanks! yes I do believe it was a sizing issue, though at the time
> I didn't know of a way to resize at the command line(for automation),
> I think imagemagick can probably do this so I will try again, I do

yeah, i use imagemagick myself for just this purpose:

$ mogrify -resize <width>x<height> image.jpg
or
$ mogrify -resize <widthpct>x<heightpct>% image.jpg

and if you want to know the size of an image:

$ identify -format '%w wide by %h high' image.jpg

> remember seeing messages about images are not in a 4:3 ratio or something.
> I did expect a better error message instead of a segfault though :)

yeah, really.  granted i don't know the technicalities of mpeg
encoding, but you'd think that they'd be a little more graceful
about not finding things the way they expect them...

--sean