Re: (semi-OT) JPG files -> Movie file

sean finney said:
> hiya,

> are you sure this wasn't because there was an error in your config file
> (like wrong size, etc.)?  i've had mpeg_encode segfault
> on me a few times, but usually when i gave it incorrect information to
> begin with.  attached is a really simple example config
> that i use as a template for all the movies that i make.
>
> also, it might be because of some wierd non-standard format
> inside the jpeg or something (though i've never seen this).
> if nothing else works, i'd try converting the image to another
> format like ppm (imagemagick is sweet for this) and trying to encode from
> that.

thanks! yes I do believe it was a sizing issue, though at the time
I didn't know of a way to resize at the command line(for automation),
I think imagemagick can probably do this so I will try again, I do
remember seeing messages about images are not in a 4:3 ratio or something.
I did expect a better error message instead of a segfault though :)

nate