Re: Home and end keys (was Re: Make Debian better)

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 12:27:17 +0100, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
> VL> This is not sufficient: one needs a TERM value that defines color
> VL> *and* bce (neither xterm, nor xterm-color does, because they are
> VL> too generic).
>
> xterm-xfree86 does, no?

Yes, this is what I use on one machine (RedHat). On the other machine
(Debian), I use xterm-vt220 so that the Delete key sends ^? (I prefer
that to the long Delete sequence, because I sometimes use this machine
with a dial-up connection in places that don't have a good phone line).

I could also use the VT220 keyboard (and TERM=xterm-vt220) on the
other machine, though.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International