Re: Home and end keys (was Re: Make Debian better)

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 18:26:37 +1000, Russell wrote:
> Are you using xterm? I'd try comparing your local config files
> on both machines, and any relevant global config files in /etc
> and in /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm.

Hmm... Finally, it doesn't work with zsh either on the RedHat machine.
I don't know if I mixed up with bash or if this was due to some
experiments I did yesterday with uxterm and X resources.

But anyway, the escape sequences are not the same.
  * Xterm on RedHat: ^[[H and ^[[F
  * Xterm on Debian: ^[[1~ and ^[[4~

Are they both correct?

I have other terminals that give either ^[[H / ^[[F or ^[[1~ / ^[[4~.
And rxvt gives ^[[7~ / ^[[8~ (but these ones don't even work in bash).
But all of this seems to be related with the terminfo databases, which
may be different.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International