Re: Home and end keys (was Re: Make Debian better)

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 01:29:11 +1000, Russell wrote:
> The standard xterm commands are in:
>   http://cns.georgetown.edu/~ric/howto/Xterm-Title/ctlseqs.txt

OK, so Home and End should be CSI 1 ~ and CSI 4 ~. This is also what
I get with the Nettle terminal under RISC OS.

> BTW, did you use an xterm with TERM="xterm" ?

Non, I never user TERM="xterm" as it is too generic (it doesn't always
have colors, nor bce).

> If TERM somehow didn't match the terminal you're using, then
> the wrong terminfo entry would be used which means the terminal
> would be getting the wrong commands (so i theorize...)

But even with the same value of TERM, the sequence depends on the
machine. This isn't normal.

> Try getting the keys to work in a bash shell, which should
> prove the terminal part works. Then try the zsh which might
> isolate the problem.

I know how to make it work with zsh, but I first want to fix the
configuration. Any idea?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International