Re: Linksys PCMCIA network card - what module to use?

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:37:05AM -0700, Jon Leonard wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:24:55PM -0400, Neal Lippman wrote:
> > I decided to have a go at getting debian installed on my Thinkpad 770ED;
> > mostly I was able to get the initial module configuration to work (a few
> > glitches, but I can work those out later). However, until I can get
> > networking up and running, I cannot continue the install.
> >
> > I have a Linksys 10/100 PC card (PCMCIA), but I cannot figure out what
> > the correct driver is for this. Anyone have any information?
> >
> > The card is a mode PCMPC100, for what it's worth.
>
> It matters which version of the PCMPC100, actually.  I've had both v2 and v3
> versions of the card, and they use different drivers.  Apparently the v1
> used a third driver...  IIRC, the v2 used a tulip_cb driver.  I don't
> remember the driver for the v3; I can look it up when I get home if it
> winds up mattering.

v3 uses axnet_cs, I used to have what I presume was a v1 (no version on
it), and upon insertion it loaded pcnet_cs. I'm not totally sure if that
_is_ the correct driver, as that NIC was nonfunctional (and through its
warrantee, I got my v3).

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com