Re: Download manager

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:54:05AM +1000, Joyce, Matthew wrote:

| Is there a download manager for linux at all ?

gtm

| I would like to schedule late night downloads.

This can be scripted quite nicely with cron and 'wget'.
As an example, I have this cron job :

    # every day, do an apt-get update
    2  2  * * *     root     apt-get update > /dev/null && apt-get --download-only --assume-yes upgrade > /dev/null

(note the --download-only on that!)

| Preferably with a pause/resume feature.

This feature requires support on the server as well.  (gtm support
pause/resume, I assume wget does also if the proper arguments are
given to it)

-D

--
There are six things the Lord hates,