Re: The Real Problem With Debian

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 04:25, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> * Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [02-10-2002 10:24]:
> > IMHO, any newbies should really try Libranet or (dare I say it),
> > maybe, possibly even, <deep breath> Lindows 2.0.
>
> Perhaps newbies should reconsider if they want to be newbies at all.
> Windows is nice enough as it is, in the last incarnations anyway.

WinXP Home is an eye-candy-filled pain in the rear.  Win2k is
much more intuitive. MHO, of course...

> If you want to get away from Windows because of political reasons,
> use Mozilla and OpenOffice and you've done your share.

What are you talking about???  How about not using Windows because
using Windows, Office, WMP, etc, puts money into the pocket of a
blatant, unrepentant criminal organization?

That's not politics, that's morality.

> If you want to get away from Windows because of technical reasons,
> why would you want something that looks or acts like what you just
> ran away from.

Again, what are you talking about???  WIMP/GUI are generic concepts,
invented back when Bill Gates was in Junior High School.  So, any
GUI will have at least a passing resemblance to Win32.

> If you want to get away from Windows because of personal reasons,
> get a Playstation and bitchslap prostitutes in some game.

Take a Prozac or 12.

> If you want to get away from Windows because of fincancial reasons,
> just warez the appz.

Maybe we think that breaking the "You shall not steal" law is A Bad
Thing and will lead to Unpleasant Social Consequences.

> Am I oversimplifying stuff?

Yes.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "What other evidence do you have that they are terrorists, |
|  other than that they trained in these camps?"             |
|   17-Sep-2002 Katie Couric to an FBI agent regarding the 5 |
|   men arrested near Buffalo NY                             |