SuSE vs. Debian ???

I must accept a project to build and manage systems to run oracle db 9i
and tools 11i.

The customer is insisting that they must run SuSE, since they are
convinced that that is the only platform on which their oracle stuff is
certified, e.g., SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7.

I have not experienced SuSE for several years; rather, I've spent most
of my time with debian.

Therefore, I am looking for recommendations, suggestions and good
natured criticism regarding my current situation ;>

Pointers?  Points of reference?  Comments?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .