Re: SuSE vs. Debian ???

At 2002-09-26T01:04:56Z, "Michael D. Schleif" <mds@helices.org> writes:

> The customer is insisting that they must run SuSE, since they are
> convinced that that is the only platform on which their oracle stuff is
> certified, e.g., SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7.

*If* that is true, then use SuSE.  I've seen plenty of high-end software
that required an exact configuration; anything else would convert those
cheap hand-holding installation tech support calls to expensive on-site
consulting sessions.

This should be easy enough to check.  Most applications like that will have
a requirements matrix.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.