Re: Why a dependency on X stuff for an ldap server?

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:14:53AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 05:02:37PM -0700, nate wrote:
> > you can recompile openldap to exclude odbc support, from a quick
> > search it seems the odbc library is the one that wants gtk/X:
>
> It doesn't appear to do so in unstable, although the changelog doesn't
> note this change so I don't know how permanent it is.

I completely misread the version numbers. Here's the relevant change:

libiodbc2 (3.0.5b-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New snapshot source from upstream author that fixes build problems.
  * Put the new GTK configuration binary to a seperate package called
    'iodbc'. Closes: #140859

 -- Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>  Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:07:28 +0200

The fixed version is in testing too.