Re: Spawning at Login

Adam Bogacki <adam@bogacki.net> wrote on 22/09/2002 (09:59) :

> The default Woody 3.0 install comes with both Gnome and KDE - I have

But it doesn't force you to install either.

> found KDE a good backup for situations where I have lost the use
> of Gnome terminal and 'man' pages after problematic dist-upgrade ...
> the problem may be that I installed a pre-release version of
> Woody 3.0 which Debian still registers as 'unstable'. I am thinking
> of changing 'unstable' to 'stable' in /etc/apt/sources.list
> and doing another dist-upgrade. I have been warned against
> mixing stable and unstable - would that concievably be a problem
> here ?

Do change unstable to stabel but do a reinstall of stable not a
dist-upgrade (as it would be a disty-downgrade). Otherwise you will get
into a lot of problems.

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov