Re: [OT] punctuation (was Re: Configuring w3m for Mozilla)

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote on 22/09/2002 (10:01) :
> It pains me that you used that harsh language to describe my comment.

Sorry it wasn't my intention.

> just caught up in the excitement of the moment!  :-) Those are /bin/sh
> syntax, which I prefer better than anything that depends upon
> /bin/csh.  I don't know why you thought that was bash only. [*]

Somebody mentioned that it was only ash and bash that had this command.

> Those commands are defined by SUSv2.  I am pleased that I can refer
> you to these pages for your edification.  (And perhaps mine too in the
> case that I made a mistake here.  I am only too well aware that the
> sword can cut both ways.)
>
>   http://www.unix-systems.org/single_unix_specification_v2/xcu/type.html
>
>   http://www.unix-systems.org/single_unix_specification_v2/xcu/command.html

Thanks.

> Repeat after me, "Standard is better than better."  And then say,
> "Every programmer should strive to write portable code."  But to do

Why do you think I use Ada95 :-)

By the way there is a shell called bush which can be interesting (at
least for scripting) : http://www.pegasoft.ca/bush.html

Preben
--
"When Roman engineers built a bridge, they had to stand under it while
 the first legion  marched across.  If programmers today  worked under