Re: Shutting postgres up

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 05:43:25PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Tell syslog not to log debug messages, at least from LOCAL0 (or wherever
> else it is set in postgresql.conf).

OK, changed

*.*;auth,authpriv.none                -/var/log/syslog

*.*;auth,authpriv.none;local0.info    -/var/log/syslog

in syslog.conf and restarted syslog.  We'll see tomorrow whether that
works.

> Or tell postgresql not to report so much (again in
> /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf); see the docs: Administrator's Guide,
> section 3.4.2.

You must mean something other than setting "debug_level = 0", because
that doesn't suppress these messages (despite them all being prefaced
with "DEBUG:").

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss