Mutt or KMail

I have been using KMail for some time on my Woody system.  It seems to do
alright, but after following some of the threads, I have been considering
going to something like Mutt.  In fact, I reinstalled Mutt and have been
experimenting with it.

However, I'm not sure whether I need to make this change or not..  My
system is strictly a single-user one.  I do have Exim installed, and it
handles in-system messages, but as of yet, don't have it configured to do
fetchmail/sendmail.. I simply deal directly with my POP server.  And,
AFAICT, Mutt can download mail directly, from remote, but cannot send
there.

So, would it be worthwhile for me to convert?  One of the incentives is the
fact that Mutt is "modern" in the way it deals with inline attachements,
etc.. and it appears that KMail isn't.. Also, if I do switch, would it be
best to let Exim do all the mail downloads as well as uploads, or would it
be just as well to let  Mutt fetch the mail and simply let Exim send it?
Are there any advantages or disadvanteges in doing it either way?