Re: j2skd1.4.0beta-i386.rpm to deb; will it work ?

----- Original Message -----
From: Rudy Gevaert <rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be>
To: Dr. Sachin Kale <sauravsk@agd2.dot.net.in>
Cc: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: j2skd1.4.0beta-i386.rpm to deb; will it work ?

> > > Well is that the exact location of the executable? Are you sure
> > > everything is installed in /usr/java ?
> > >
> > Exact location is /usr/java/j2sdk/bin & I am typing the scommand
from
> > same directory; still I get command not found error. I am not sure
> > what u mean by everything, but in java directory there are
> > bin,demo,lib,jre
> > directories & they do contain whatever is expected of them.
> > Sachin
>
> Where are the javac/jar/java/javadoc/... executables located?
> Is it nog /usr/java/bin/ or /usr/java/j2sdk/bin ?
>
> The fact that you can't run them when you are in the same directory
> could mean that you haven't got the current directory in you path.
>
> E.g. if /usr/java/bin/ has the neede files, go to that directory (cd
> /usr/java/bin/) and type "./javac testfile.java" (without quotes).

Yess !,
after typing ./java; least the command is recognised but it says -

/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/i386/native_threads/java: error while loading
shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-so. : Canot open shared object
file
: No such file or directory

This is the output of dpkg -l libstdc++*

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installe
uppercase=bad)
+++-==============-==============-====================================
========
un  libstdc++-dev  <none>         (no description available)
ii  libstdc++2.10  2.95.2-13      The GNU stdc++ library
ii  libstdc++2.10- 2.95.2-13      The GNU stdc++ library (development
files)
pn  libstdc++2.8   <none>         (no description available)
un  libstdc++2.8-d <none>         (no description available)
un  libstdc++2.9-d <none>         (no description available)
pn  libstdc++2.9-g <none>         (no description available)
un  libstdc++2.9-g <none>         (no description available)

Now what ?

Sachin
am I close to getting it solved ?