Re: j2skd1.4.0beta-i386.rpm to deb; will it work ?

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 08:22:40AM +0530, Dr. Sachin Kale wrote:
> Hello,
> want to install sdk on debian 2.2 r5, as the download was huge,
> thought of converting an existing rpm to deb. ( rpm was given out by a
> comp mag ). Conversion to deb was successful though it gave several
> warnings about shared libraries. Then dpkg -i ( resultant deb ) was
> also successfull. Now dselect mentions the above package as "up to
> date package in section alien". dpkg -l j2* gives 'i i' flag to it.
>
> But still on typing javac i get bash: no such commad error. I know
> this is a bit far fetched but will this work ?
> And if so how ?

That's because the rpm installs under /usr/java (alien doesn't change
this).  AFAIK, you can add the bin directory under the java tree and it
will work fine.  Hope this helps.

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735