Re: j2skd1.4.0beta-i386.rpm to deb; will it work ?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 11:41:11PM -0400, Edward Guldemond wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 08:22:40AM +0530, Dr. Sachin Kale wrote:
> > Hello,
> > want to install sdk on debian 2.2 r5, as the download was huge,
> > thought of converting an existing rpm to deb. ( rpm was given out by a
> > comp mag ). Conversion to deb was successful though it gave several
> > warnings about shared libraries. Then dpkg -i ( resultant deb ) was
> > also successfull. Now dselect mentions the above package as "up to
> > date package in section alien". dpkg -l j2* gives 'i i' flag to it.
> >
> > But still on typing javac i get bash: no such commad error. I know
> > this is a bit far fetched but will this work ?
> > And if so how ?
> >

> That's because the rpm installs under /usr/java (alien doesn't change
> this).  AFAIK, you can add the bin directory under the java tree and it
> will work fine.  Hope this helps.

Just add the bin directory in the java tree to your path he means (I
think) :)

--
Rudy Gevaert - info@webworm.org  - http://www.webworm.org
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glms

If I Like it, I say it's mine. If I don't, I say it's a fake.
        -- Picasso