Re: List postings as attachments

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 06:57:44PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> * Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) [020815 18:44]:
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 01:11:01PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > > Note: I'm only half-serious in all of this bickering back and
> > > forth. I use mutt at home, but here, I don't have that option.
> > > Don't suggest I get a different job that allows me to use linux or
> > > anything non-MS either please.
> >
> > Why not ssh to your home box? You get the additional bonus of
> > potentially non-work-related email not going to your work account,
> > too, then...
>
> Not possible... Proxy/firewall only allows ports 21, 80, 110, and 443
> (https ??) and maybe some other(s) that I haven't discovered. Hell, port
> 110 was blocked for a while so I had to use Mindspring's web-based mail
> program. It was horrid.

[Assuming it's a proxy and not just a packet filter]

Perhaps you'd want to study httptunnel then. If you can get it to work
with your proxy and can live the decreased bandwith that is (TCP/IP over
HTTP via (multiple) caching/delaying proxies over TCP/IP isn't exactly
going to be fast).

<small>Love to try that myself, but I don't have any proxy
problems...</small> :-)

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com