Re: List postings as attachments

> > "This is important to understand, because unscrupulous
> > marketeers and a careless trade press sometimes
> > falsely suggest that every RFC represents a standard..."
> >
> > jumped out at me. :-)
>
> I'm not sure what your point is.
>
> The PGP-MIME RFCs are "Proposed Standards".  I suppose
> MS could claim they don't want to implement the standard
> until it's finalized, but I would find that disingenuous in
the
> extreme.

So, this is a non-finalized standard ?? People shout out "but
it's a standard and MS chooses to ignore it" when it doesn't
appear to be (yet). MS could very well use the arguement you
suggest and they are perfectly valid in doing so. Why should
they chase an RFC that's "in progress" ?? Oh, because mutt,
evolution, etc, etc do so, right ?? <g>

I know MS doesn't follow standards in many, many cases. But in
this case, are they to do it "because everyone else does" ??
That doesn't make it a standard.

Note: I'm only half-serious in all of this bickering back and
forth. I use mutt at home, but here, I don't have that option.
Don't suggest I get a different job that allows me to use
linux or anything non-MS either please.

Hall