Re: The implications of installing from the unstable release

In message <[🔎] 20020721111123.1fcc127b.csousa@tvtel.pt>
          Carlos Sousa <csousa@tvtel.pt> wrote:

[snip]

> I don't pretend to fully understand the apt pinning mechanism, but if
> you would like to insure that you don't get packages from unstable
> accidentally then you should give it a priority less than 100. You can
> always get packages from there with apt-get -t unstable.

Ah, I see.  I was wondering how you assigned those priority numbers.  I now
have unstable set to 50 so with any luck that will have solved the problem.

--
(\/)atthew )-(ambley ---------------\ If something's worth doing it's worth
E-mail : matthew@aether.demon.co.uk  \ doing badly until you can learn to