Re: The implications of installing from the unstable release

In message <[🔎] 20020719135843.102087f6.jcollins@asgardsrealm.net>
          Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:43:12 +0100 Matthew Hambley
> <matthew@aether.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I am keen to try out the 'subversion' version control program for which
> > there is a package in the unstable pool.  After having read the
> > apt-howto it appears that the best way to do this would be to add lines
> > such as
> >
> > > deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> >
> > to my sources.list file and specify
> >
> > > APT::Default-Release "testing";
> >
> > in apt.conf.
>
> Yep, that'll do it.

So I did that and already I've had my glibc changed to the unstable
version.  What's going on?

--
(\/)atthew )-(ambley ---------------\ If something's worth doing it's worth
E-mail : matthew@aether.demon.co.uk  \ doing badly until you can learn to