Re: The implications of installing from the unstable release

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:38:36 +0100
Matthew Hambley <matthew@aether.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <[🔎] 20020719135843.102087f6.jcollins@asgardsrealm.net>
>           Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:
>
> > Yep, that'll do it.
>
> So I did that and already I've had my glibc changed to the unstable
> version.  What's going on?

I'm assuming your referring to the libc6 package, right? Are you using a
local mirror?

:~$ apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
  Installed: 2.2.5-10
  Candidate: 2.2.5-10
  Version Table:
     2.2.5-12 0
        500 ftp://forseti unstable/main Packages
 *** 2.2.5-10 0
        990 ftp://forseti stable/updates/main Packages
        990 ftp://forseti testing/updates/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.2.5-6 0
        990 ftp://forseti testing/main Packages

I've got the same thing here with a local mirror and as you can see the
version from testing is the desired and installed version.

I had problems with pinning not working on my local mirror when I
initially set it up.  The problem was traced back to my mirror not getting
either the Release or Contents files.  From the looks of the patch file I
made at the time I'm pretty sure it was the Release file that made the
difference.

--
Jamin W. Collins