where's my wlan0? (was Re: more wireless nic stuff...)

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 21:44, Brian Stults wrote:
> To get my DWL-650 to work, I compiled the pcmcia-cs[1] source and the
> driver from linux-wlan-ng[2].  You'll also need to apt-get install
> pcmcia-cs and wireless-tools.   After compiling these two things, the
> driver loaded at boot and I had wlan0.

I have orinoco and airo based cards, but have never gotten wlan0, only
ethX devices.  Am I missing something?  I am using Woody and Sid on
different laptops, using current kernel drivers.  Or is device created
by the pcmcia-cs drivers only?

Jeremy

Jeremy M Turner, A+ Technician             Phone: 405.425.5555
Email: Jeremy.Turner@oc.edu                Phone: 405.425.1820
Information Technology Services, Oklahoma Christian University