Re: exim doesn't deliver to maildirs

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 03:45:51PM -0700, Paul Mackinney wrote:
| Christian Schoenebeck declaimed:
| > Es geschah am Montag, 24. Juni 2002 22:26 als Paul Mackinney schrieb:
| > So, no matter of your .forward file, does Maildir at least work or are all
| > messages saved in mbox?
|
| Maildir works. After changing local_delivery to
|
|    directory = ${home}/Maildir/
|
| mail does get delivered to the root of my Maildir folder when the
| .forward file is removed.

Yes, that's one way to do it.  (assuming you want all local deliveries
to be maildir from now on)

| > > Because the filter passes the tests described in the documentation, my
| > > working assumption is that something's wrong with the TRANSPORTS
| > > CONFIGURATION section of exim.conf.

Does the userforward director define
"directory_transport = address_directory"?

| This leads me to think that there's a doc about Maildir & exim
| that I haven't found. So far I've been working from the comments in
| exim.conf and the material in /usr/doc/exim/

spec.txt.  (or the O'Reilly book (which is written by exim's author),
but I don't have it)

HTH,
-D

--

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/