Re: exim doesn't deliver to maildirs

Derrick 'dman' Hudson declaimed:
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 07:29:16PM -0700, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> | Christian Schoenebeck declaimed:
> | >
> | > I replaced the local_delivery section by:
> | >
> | > 	local_delivery:
> | > 	  driver = appendfile
> | > 	  create_directory = true
> | > 	  directory_mode = 700
> | > 	  directory = ${home}/Maildir
>           ^^^^^^^^^
> | > 	  group = mail
> | > 	  mode = 0660
> | > 	  envelope_to_add = true
> | > 	  return_path_add = true
> | > 	  maildir_format
> | >
> | > That works for me. I also found a nice perl script which converts old mbox ->
> | > Maildir. Let me know if you need it.
> | Well this doesn't hurt at any rate, the old system of having the primary
> | deliver go to
> |
> | file = /var/spool/mail/${localpart}
>   ^^^^
>
> Do note that you must use the "directory =" option, not the "file ="
> option in conjunction with "maildir_format".

Yes, I'm now using

   directory = ${home}/Maildir/

> | was also working. The mbox or Maildir specified in the local_delivery
> | transport of exim.conf gets the mail. The problem is that my .forward
> | file won't file mail to Maildirs, just mboxes. A stripped down example
> | is:
> |
> |    # Exim filter
> |    if error_message then
> |    	finish
> |    endif
> |
> |    if $h_Subject contains "mailtest" then
> |        seen save $home/Maildir/test/
>                                      ^
> |    else
> |        save $home/Maildir/inbox
>                                  ^
> |    endif
> |    finish
> |    # end .forward
> |
> | According to the comments in exim.conf:TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION, it's
> | the address_directory transport that handles addresses generated by
> | .forward files. Could you send me that section?
>
> It handles addresses that have a trailling slash.  If it doesn't have
> a trailling slash, the "address_file" transport handles it.
>
> (see the the arrows I inserted above)
>
> -D
Yes, I understand this. My situation is that 'inbox' is an mbox file.
'test/' is a maildir directory. Using the above .forward file, mail is
delivered to 'inbox' and all other mboxes. Mail is not delivered to
'test/' or any other maildir.

Because the filter passes the tests described in the documentation, my
working assumption is that something's wrong with the TRANSPORTS
CONFIGURATION section of exim.conf. Here it is with comments stripped
for brevity. Comments, or a copy of anyone's working exim.conf very
much appreciated.

local_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
  create_directory = true