SIIG SCSI Card

I just recenctly purchased a SIIG Fast SCSI Pro (PCI) card.  It claims it has
Linux support, in the manual and on SIIG's website.  Apparently either Advansys
or Initio chipsets are used in these cards.  Trying to install the kernel
module for either of these SCSI chipsets has been unsuccessful.

Is there any particular paramter I should be entering along with the
installation of the module?  So far any parameters seem to result in an error.

Is it possible that the plain vanilla kernel (2.4.17-K6II) may not actually be
set up with either of these relevant modules linked into the kernel, therefore
requiring me to do a kernel configure & compile?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Arlen Carlson <arlen@carlsontech.net>

Avoid gunfire in the bathroom tonight.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)