Re: exim doesn't deliver to maildirs

Christian Schoenebeck declaimed:
> Es geschah am Montag, 24. Juni 2002 22:26 als Paul Mackinney schrieb:
> So, no matter of your .forward file, does Maildir at least work or are all
> messages saved in mbox?

Maildir works. After changing local_delivery to

   directory = ${home}/Maildir/

mail does get delivered to the root of my Maildir folder when the
.forward file is removed. I suppose I could work around this by skipping
the exim .forward stuff and just invoking procmail from .forward, but I
was kind of waiting to get into procmail until I'd converted to maildirs.
Currently I'm not using procmail.

> > Because the filter passes the tests described in the documentation, my
> > working assumption is that something's wrong with the TRANSPORTS
> > CONFIGURATION section of exim.conf.
>
> No, I don't think so, but anyway, here's my complete exim.conf, but it's as
> far as I can remember the default config file except the adjustment of the
> local section:
Thanks very much. One thing I note is that the two people who provided
me with examples of a local_delivery: routine gave me almost identical
examples. This leads me to think that there's a doc about Maildir & exim
that I haven't found. So far I've been working from the comments in
exim.conf and the material in /usr/doc/exim/

My next plan is to closely compare my exim.conf file to yours. Thanks
very much for sending it.

Paul
--
Paul Mackinney