Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:23:56PM -0700, Terry wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> > 	Thank you. It is messages like this that make me continue to
> >  put in the time and effort for Debian.
>
> Well here's another one.

And here's a third - http://www.vicnet.net.au/~rpds/

There are 50 elderly/disabled people in the state of Victoria in Australia who
get their Internet access through a Debian box. All are members of the Rural
Peninsula Disability Support group - they are provided computers and pay $11
Australian a month for three hours access per day. This is the kind of
charitable project which can *never* afford costly server hardware or software - were
it not for the Debian project, we would not be able to run something like this,
which means many of these folk would never have access to email or the web. And
that's about their only means of access to the world as many of them are
disabled and house-bound.

Thank you for providing free, quality software which is easy to maintain.

Sam
--
Sam Varghese
http://www.gnubies.com